Re: Sawfish2: '2' Suffix

On Thu, 2002-06-20 at 12:16, Steve Greenland wrote:

> "Don't use unstable, or learn to use pins". It's not that hard.

I know that unstable can break at any time.  But that doesn't mean that
we should deliberately introduce massive breakage (i.e. removing GNOME
1.4) until we're ready.

> Before testing existed, I'd have been a little less
> gung-ho about this, but I really don't see the need anymore.

Developers can't run testing; we have to build packages against
unstable.  Now, you could suggest I set up a chroot or something, but
then I wouldn't generally be using the latest version of the very
software I'm packaging and uploading.

Simply put, GNOME 2 is not ready to entirely replace GNOME 1, and we
shouldn't treat it that way.