Re: gtk slow

On Thu, 25 Jul 2002 17:44:08 +0200 (CEST)
Chipzz <chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org> wrote:

> On Thu, 25 Jul 2002, Klaus Imgrund wrote:
>
> > From: Klaus Imgrund <claus.imgrund@terra.com.br>
> > Subject: gtk slow
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I got a problem with gtk-apps being very slow to start up.Sylpheed
> > gives me a empty frame for about 4 secounds and then the rest of the
> > gui shows up.
> > When I use the downloadbasket of nt-downloader for x it eats about
> > 80% of
> > the CPU.
> > I did up-and downgrade gtk1.2 and gtk2.0 with no effect.
> > Also tried google and the user mailinglist.It seems that I am the
> > only one having that problem or other people don't see it as a
> > problem. I don't think that it is hardwarerelated since everything
> > worked fine with other distros.I even punished myself and put gentoo
> > on my box to see what that does and everything is normal there.
> > Can anybody point me to some info about this or give me a suggestion
> > what might be wrong here?
>
> http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2002-June/msg00104.html
>
> Maybe this explains?

I tried without gtk2 as well and it is the same.I use XF4 with the
newest driver avilable for my card for XF and also in the kernel.
Did have a regular setup there before and there is no difference in that
matter.On the same box on another partition gentoo runs fine with the
same setup.
I don't really care about the little delay but in my experience things
that are not ok tend to get worse not better.
I guess I'll try to install another WM and if that doesn't do anything
try to reinstall everything gnome.

Thank you for your help,
Klaus