Re: Evolution 1.2 in sid

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 12:20:49PM -0500, James D Strandboge wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 10:29, Sven Luther wrote:

> > > The maintainer may already be working on it.  I have tried to get
> > > evolution 1.2beta (and now 1.2 stable) to run on my sid box for weeks.
> > > It compiles fine, but segfaults on startup during calls to libc.  Seems
> > > like a libc6 2.3 incompatibility issue which will most likely take
> > > (quite) a while to work out.
> >
> > So, they release buggy software, untested on the latest libc6 ?
> >
> Well, that may not be fair since nobody except debian sid is using the
> new libc6 IIRC, so we are the ones testing it!  This libc broke various
> packages including apache when it first came out.  I think patches are
> going into libc as well as the packages that are affected.

Well, but they don't even ship working woody packages, and woody does
not use libc6 2.3.

> > BTW, do you know how it is possible to make evolution (the older one)
> > remember the password, and not keep forgetting it every now and then ?
> >
> I seem to remember this being mentioned either in the ximian FAQ or
> knowledge base somewhere.

Ok, i will search for it, it is rather anoying, that and the fact that
you cannot erase mails you told it to erase, they will just be barred
and stay there, unless you specify erase on exit, and even then it does
not work all the times.

Friendly,

Sven Luther