Re: Broken gnome after update...

<quote who="Mark Howard">

> Shouldn't the core gnome packages (panel, session, control-center...) have
> dependencies set up so that ppl have either all gnome1 or all gnome2 so
> this sort of thing doesn't happen?
>
> gnome has never claimed that mixing 1 and 2 will work - why are we letting
> people do this?

There doesn't seem to be a way of engineering/planning a mass migration of a
group of packages. Everything falls down individually. Kind of a bummer. :-(
So testing is going to have all the same pain as unstable did when 2.x stuff
started flowing in.

Looks like a hardish problem.

- Jeff

     "It's only ironic because it's true." - Reflexive irony, overheard