Re: gnome-volume-manager and kernel 2.6.11

Hi Arjan,

Am Mittwoch, den 16.03.2005, 10:22 +0100 schrieb Arjan Oosting:

> Version 0.0.26 solves the problem of missing icons when using inotify,
> but I don't know whether it solves your hibernation problem though.

Thanks for your up-to-date gamin packages. However the problem of
missing icons still exists for me if I use your packages, with inotify
enabled.

So I have now the following scenarios:
      * normal fam install with inotify disabled -> icons appear on
        desktop if a new device is mounted, this works even after
        hibernation/resuming.
      * normal fam install with inotify enabled -> icons appear on
        deskop if a new device is mounted, however I didn't test it
        after hibernation/resuming.
      * gamin install with inotify disabled -> icons will appear on
        desktop, but not after hibernation.
      * gamin install with inotify enabled -> icons won't appear on
        desktop

If I can provide more information (e.g. logs), write me an email.
However I most likely won't find time today or tomorrow, so you might
have to wait a little while for my response.

Thanks for your help

Patrick