Re: Nautilus Weirdness

> > Are any of you guys experiencing the problem where
> > downloaded files do not appear on the Desktop, but
> > but you can access them via the terminal ?

> I've noticed the same problem on my Gnome 2.8 installation on Debian
> unstable. This behaviour seems to exist since one or two weeks or so.
> For me, a "killall nautilus" shows all the Desktop items again.
> Strange ...

I have seen this too, most likely a bug in gamin. The changelog for
version 0.0.24 (version in sid is 0.0.21) mention "lot of serious bug
fixes including Gnome Desktop refresh bug". There are also some open
bugs in GNOME Bugzilla about Nautilus not refreshing.

For me, working around this has been as easy as a click on the desktop
and pressing Ctrl+r (refresh).

(Oh, and you can use 'nautilus -q' if you simply wish to restart it.)

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson