Re: Gnome 2.12

Folks.  I am not trying to fight about this.  I know things take a long time.  I want stable software.  I understand that this take longer than just packaging the source and throwing it in the tree.  I just want some kind of informative answer to the question(s).  What I originally asked was a pretty straight-forward question, that could have been answered immediately.  I quote:

"Does anyone have an idea about timetable for getting gnome 2.12 in the tree?  Is there an experimental package?  Is there an ETA for an unstable package?  I've been looking for info in the lists archive and the #debian channel on freenode.  Is there a place I can look for this kind of thing, both now and in the future?"

What I asked was:

Is there a schedule (with ballpark dates)?
Is there an experimental package?
If so, where is it?

How many messages to the list have we been through, and how little has anyone given to answer the questions.

Please please please please just give me an answer to these questions.  I don't want 2.12 today if it isn't ready.  I don't even really want it today.  I just want to have some kind of idea about what's up.