Re: Gnome 2.12 & Python

        Hi,

On Fri, Oct 28, 2005, Dave Loftis wrote:
> I plan on doing this for myself, but I would love to hear any input about this
> as a move for the official gnome branch in Debian?

 Debian doesn't want to "branch" GNOME, but tries to stay close to
 upstream whenever possible.  Each variation has a maintenance cost.

 If you want to rewrite upstream Python modules in C, I suppose you
 should work upstream directly, there's nothing Debian specific to that.

   Cheers,
--
Loïc Minier <lool@dooz.org>