Re: Gnome 2.12 (Control Center)

On Tue, 2005-11-01 at 14:57 -0700, Dave Loftis wrote:
> Fair enough.  But, then I go back to the previous question:  why is
> gnome-menus a dependency of control-center.
>
> I understand that libgnome-menus is dependent, but why gnome-menus?
>
> -dave

The idea of the dependencies is so that you can install the packages and
end up with a functioning GNOME environment, including all the pieces
that may, while not strictly and absolutely needed, are required for the
software to have all its functioning intact.

If you're trying to accomplish some specific goal for which
control-center depending on gnome-menus is an obstacle, perhaps it would
be more productive if you explained what your goal was, rather than
treating this like a game of 20 questions.  Then you could get answers.
As it is, people are very confused what it is you're really asking.

-Rob