Fwd: [Gnome] deskbar-applet broken, how to find out what's wrong?

Hoping for more luck on this mailing list.

/M

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Magnus Therning <magnus@therning.org>
Date: Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 7:14 AM
Subject: [Gnome] deskbar-applet broken, how to find out what's wrong?
To: ML Debian-User <debian-user@lists.debian.org>

After a recent upgrade my deskbar-applet isn't starting any longer.  The
problem is that the only feed-back I have is a dialogue stating that
deskbar has quitted unexpectedly and I have a choice between reloading
or not.  Not so helpful.

The obvious places don't seem to get anything written to them,
~/.xsession-errors and /var/log/**.  Where can I find a trace of what's
happening when I try to add the applet?

/M

--
Magnus Therning                        (OpenPGP: 0xAB4DFBA4)
magnus@therning.org          Jabber: magnus@therning.org

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
    -- PaulPotts