Upstream which doesn't want to migrate to GTK3

Hi

I have an upstream who doesn't have any interest what so ever to migrate
to GTK3, who specifically says

>I suspect that by the time GTK2 is no longer available - Asunder will
>no longer be a relevant application, and it can be removed from
>distributions without anyone noticing.

I am considering orphaning it, with the tiniest hope that he changes
his mind and accept a GTK3 migration, in which case I would gladly pick
up Debian maintenance again.

But, is it any use? Would it perhaps be even better to remove it from
unstable right now, and be done with it? A package can be added later
again if things change.

Input would be greatly appreciated.

/Andreas Rönnquist
mailinglists@gusnan.se