Re: Segmentation Fault in aprsd

On Sat, Jun 09, 2001 at 09:26:20AM +0200, Roger Bille wrote:
>  My problem is that when I start aprsd with tncport lgate, I get immediate a segmentation fault. It doesn't matter if I try ldigi or tnc either.
>
>  I will run this togther with DIGI_NED and that start and is working fine with port tnc and ldigi. As a test I started a second instance of digi_ned on port lgate and the 2 digi_ned communicate just fine so I don't thing these is any problem with my AX25 setup.
>
>  I don't know were to go from here, does anyone have any idea. Is there a missmatch between my kernel version and the aprsd version ?

Roger,

There should be no problem with the 2.2.19 kernel.

Can you "listen" on the lgate port OK?

Perhaps you could strace aprsd to see where it seg faults.
That might give much information, so you may need to run it in gdb,
the debugger. And you may need to recompile the binary with
debug information for that to be helpful.. I could supply a replacement
aprsd package with debugging if necessary.

Hamish (VK3SB)