Re: Almost done but.....

On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 05:57, w9ya wrote:
> Hey gang;
>
> I am almost done integrating TLF et al into the arch-linux distro, however
> reading thru the HTML docs I noted the following;
>
> "TLF needs some bash commands to work: tee, less, joe,system."
>
> Which is fine, but I am NOT familiar with the 'system' command. Can someone
> help me out with this please ?

aba@pc3:~$ cd Debian/tlf/tlf-0.8.15
aba@pc3:~/Debian/tlf/tlf-0.8.15$ grep -r system\( *|grep -v //
src/callinput.c:                                        system("sh");
src/changepars.c:                               system("joe
logcfg.dat");
src/changepars.c:                               system("vi logcfg.dat");
src/changepars.c:                               system("e3 logcfg.dat");
src/changepars.c:                               system("joe
logcfg.dat");
src/changepars.c:                               system("vi logcfg.dat");
src/changepars.c:                               system("e3 logcfg.dat");
src/editlog.c:                  system(comstr);
src/logview.c:                  system(comstr);
src/writecabrillo.c:     system("cat cabrillo >> header");
src/writecabrillo.c:     system("cp header cabrillo");

So you need a working 'sh', 'cat' and 'cp' command. Grepping for comstr
also reveals 'less' is called. The editor to use is set in logcfg.dat
(either joe, vi or e3). System is not a command, it's a c-library call.

> Thank you for your time.
>
> Bob Finch
> w9ya

Bye,