Re: gmfsk error

Rein Couperus wrote:
I have tried to install to the live disks (KDE and GNOME). The error message has gone, but the program still works intermittently with a cycle time of 2 seconds. Naturally, under Gnome I don't need to add the libraries. The problem is still there. Unfortunately, the program does not seem to know there is something wrong... Maybe it tries to write to a read-only location?

No, gmfsk doesn't write to disk, except when you turn 'log to file' in the menu on.

Can you provide some more details on how the program behaves?

- Is the green graph moving?
- Do you see any random text added to the receive window?
- Does the clock run?
- Is the receive button pressed when you started the program?
- Does the suspend button work?
- What happens if you switch modes?

I am beginning to think it is possibly a configuration issue. Have you looked at the sound modules which are loaded? Do they differ from your SuSe setup? Just some random thoughts. I wish you lived a bit closer, so I could get my hands on your keyboard and see whats actually happening...

I haven't heard anything from Tomi yet. I know he reads this list. Maybe he knows whats wrong.

73, Rein PA0R

You might be in the mood to give up. If not, I have packaged 0.6beta1, check out http://www.qsl.net/pg4i/download/gmfsk_0.6beta1-1_i386.deb

I am unsure if this package will work for you. It installs files in /etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/apps/gmfsk/ during installation.

Regards,
Joop PG4I