Re: something for the developer pool: dxspider?

On Wed, 2005-04-27 at 08:59 +0200, Jaime Robles wrote:
> El Miércoles, 27 de Abril de 2005 00:40, Bob Nielsen escribió:
>
> > Yes it would be nice.  At least (I think) all the necessary CPAN modules
> > now exist in Debian (I used dh-make-perl to package several of them when
> > I first started using dxspider).
> I think that all the CPAN modules are in Debian... although I am not sure but
> the problem is that, dxspider requires a really customized installation with
> a "/spider" from the root directory and this is unaceptable in Debian.
>
> As DXSpider is done using perl scripts, all the references should be changed
> but that is not all as the "C" programs that are included in DXSpider also
> reference to "/spider" so, the sources should also be changed.
>
> It is not impossible but I requires much work! ':-)
>
> I hope I will find the way to package.

Yes, I realize what the problem is.  I just mentioned the CPAN modules
since now that Debian packages exist the dependencies issue is taken
care of.

The /spider directory is actually a symlink to /home/sysop/spider, but
that doesn't really help much.  The whole thing needs to be
restructured, which makes it difficult to easily track the upstream
version.

73, Bob N7XY