Re: Sofware Defined Radio in Debian

Hi there Martin,

I'm pretty sure there is a way to have gtk's accessibility toolkit (ATK)
give sonic hints on events.  I haven't done much with the Orca screen
reader, but I sure am interested.  I've cc'd my friend (and registree of
a11y.com) who may also be interested in the answers to these questions.

I haven't looked much at the source for fldigi, but from what little
I've seen, it looks like there is an abstraction layer above gtk and
plastic called the "FLTK UI."  Such abstraction layers often make it
difficult to tie in to underlying platform specific features, such as
ATK.  However, I expect that if you request a feature from the
fldigi-devel list, you could probably get them to implement it:

I would much prefer to have a command-line interface to software defined
radios and transceivers.  I expect to have any such software running on
a server in a rack on a mountain somewhere, and the overhead of a GUI
would be less than optimal.

Cheers,

C.J. Adams-Collier KF7BMP  Eastsound, WA
Product Management Engineer
F5 Networks, Inc.