Re: packet terminal software?

Hi Dennis:

I've replied to this so it will be included in the debian-hams thread.

You might have a good idea. I have never dabbled with the ax25 tools on linux. Mind you, I've only been using linux for 16 years is all. :(

I will have to spend some time in the man-page and see what kind of client ax25 tools offers. Mind you, I was hoping for a very simple client that wouldn't include the mkiss setup and new interface in kernel space. I know packet has fallen off most peoples radars over the years, so this might be a hard find!

TU again, 73

On 02/17/2014 09:40 AM, Dennis Boone wrote:
  > Is anyone still running packet in plain ax25 mode?  I'm looking for
  > terminal program for packet that can also use soundmodem as a tnc. Any
  > pointers would be very handy.

Jaye,

I haven't done much packet in a while, but I used to use tnt with kernel
ax.25 and the tnc in kiss mode.  I fiddled with it a bit to adjust the
screen layout to my taste; don't recall if I had to do anything to get
it to build.

http://freecode.com/projects/tntpacketradioterminal

/kb8zqz

--

wishing you well
Jaye, ke6sls--via the acer w/thunderchicken3