Re: ITP: gnss-sdr -- Global Navigation Satellite Systems Software Defined Receiver written in C++.

Hi Carles,

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 07:56:12PM +0100, Carles Fernandez wrote:
> Package: wnpp
> Severity: wishlist
> * Package name : gnss-sdr

This package would be suitable for maintaining within the Debian Hamradio
Maintainers team. Packaging as part of a team has many benifits, including
access to interested people that can help you with your packaging and
interested people that can sponsor your package for upload once it is
completed.

If you're interested in joining the team, please sign up to the debian-hams
mailing list [1] and post a short message there to introduce yourself.
Please also sign up for an Alioth [2] account which will give you access to
our Git repositories, you will need to provide me with the username you've
signed up with for this.

Packaging in Git allows for ease in providing assistance, in having others
collaborate on packages and also allows our tools to see when new packages
are being worked on and when they are ready for upload. I've written up some
instructions on using our Git for packaging here [3].

Of course, joining the team is not mandatory and no one will force you, but
I hope you can see the benifits. You can find similar packages maintained by
the team in the "non-amateur modes" task of the hamradio blend [4] to see
what other software we have in this area.

[1]: https://lists.debian.org/debian-hams/
[2]: https://alioth.debian.org/account/register.php
[3]: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianHams/Git
[4]: http://blends.debian.org/hamradio/tasks/nonamateur