Debian Buster package build error with gbp

Dear list,

I have written a Qt program as an interface for a GNU-radio software defined radio transceiver. We have some local kids school clubs training future amateur radio ops. There they play around with SDR devices to learn how radio works and how you can transmit from one radio to another.
To ease the installation of software on multiple computers, I build my own Debian packages with Travis using gbp.

Since upgrading the build from Stretch to Debian Buster as a base, I was getting this error from gbp which I don't understand:
gbp:error: Non-native package 'qradiolink' has invalid version '0.8.0'

I am pretty sure I should not build a native Debian package so I have my source format set as 3.0 (quilt).
I would be thankful if anybody can enlighten me why gbp complains there. I don't have any knowledge or experience as a packager.
The full log can be found here: https://travis-ci.org/kantooon/qradiolink/builds/588638742

Thanks,
Adrian