Re: Trying to join the hamradio team

Hello Christoph,

On 07.11.21 at 20:34 wrote Christoph Berg:
afaict the modem to use these days is direwolf. Is there anything that
soundmodem does that direwolf doesn't do?

Yes, I am aware of this fact. Indeed the direwolf modem for sure is a very solid implementation with a vivid user community. My perception, however, is that direwolf is focused on APRS and comes with its own implementation of an ax25 stack.

What I like about the soundmodem is its tight integration with the linux ax25 kernel stack and the fact that it is capable of multimode. There are other reasons as well that make the codebase interesting to me, but about that later, if you really like.

<snip>
(Some googling later) The current upstream repo for soundmodem is
actually on gitlab, and the last commit by Thomas was 1 hour ago:

https://gitlab.com/tsailer/soundmodem

(The hast activity before that was in 2016, though.)

Yes I know, thank you. The last commit indeed was triggered by my request to merge a tiny change that I suggested.

Roland

  _  _  | Roland Schwarz
 |_)(_  |
________| http://www.blackspace.at