Re: seeking RFS for pat v0.12.0-1

On Sat, Jan 01, 2022 at 02:35:23PM -0500, Federico Grau wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 02, 2022 at 02:53:23AM +0800, Shengjing Zhu wrote:
> > You can get rid of this error by running `gbp buildpackage
> > --git-no-pristine-tar`, or adding `pristine-tar=False` to
> > debian/gbp.conf .

Yes - thank you.  That should have occurred to me.  I've had
pristine-tar=True in my ~/.gbp.conf for such a long time that I had
forgotten about being able to change it if the upstream branch is
correctly tagged.  (I'm still kind of partial to the pristine-tar
branch, but that's irrelevant.)  Apologies for all of the back-and-forth
on this.

> Does the --git-no-pristine-tar option fit tony?  I'm initially hesitant to
> introduce pristine-tar into this project, as it's not been used for past
> releases, and Taowa (currently on VAC) and I had elected not to use
> pristine-tar here.  If that's the only path forward ok.

Yes, that's fine.  Adding the pristine-tar branch won't cause any
problems, but I don't know of a reason why it's necessary if the
upstream branch is kept current and is tagged appropriately.  I do like
Shengjing Zhu's suggestion of adding adding pristine-tar=False in the
debian/gbp.conf in the project.  I will add a commit and push that
change.

The Hamradio Maintguide section on the VCS [1] refers to pristine-tar in
all of its examples, but doesn't explicitly state that it *must* be
used, and DEP-14 [2] doesn't give any explicit guidance beyond
specifying the branch name.

[1] https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/hamradio-maintguide/-/blob/master/vcs.rst
[2] https://dep-team.pages.debian.net/deps/dep14/

If there is a team standard for this, we can update hamradio-maintguide.

> However, I am able to build from a freshly cloned directory without errors
> (though I've only use sbuild; trying default gbp buildpackage errors at
> signing changes for me, given I've no key).

Yes, I am able to build now too.  I'm not sure why you're getting
prompted to sign changes.  When I look at the manpage for sbuild.conf,
the defaults passed to dpkg-buildpackage should disable signing:

> PGP_OPTIONS
>   ARRAY:STRING type.  Additional signing options for dpkg-buildpackage
>     Default:
>       $pgp_options = [
>         '-us',
>         '-uc'
>       ];

I am going to add the debian/gbp.conf file and made a few minor tweaks
based on the output of "lintian --pendantic" and then will upload and
tag (so be sure to pull debian/sid after you see the upload).

Thanks!
tony