Zaurus 860 native X and calibration

Hello! Thanks very much to pocketworkstation for the
Debian chroot environment. It's working very well, on
top of a pdaXrom 1.0.5 base ROM. There's basically two
 annoyances I haven't yet been able to figure out,
both related to running a native X within the chrooted
environment. First, the touchscreen calibration is
slightly off. Second, when I run it as a normal user,
the touchscreen, while it seems to accept input, does
so in an unreliable, jerky, manner.

On the first point, calibration: when I run native X
from pdaXrom directly, it works fine. When I chroot,
the calibration is slightly off, and in a seemingly
nonlinear way: near the upper-right edge, the cursor
is to the southwest of where it should be; near the
bottom-left, the cursor is to the northeast of where
it should be; near the center, the cursor is about
right (though still slightly off).

I have tried removing the /etc/pointercal (in the
native directory), recalibrating, and then copying
this to the chroot:/etc/pointercal. No help there.

On the second point: I don't think this works, even in
the native environment, but does anyone know why?

thanks very much!
nick