Re: ghc 6.10 and provides

Kari Pahula wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 05, 2009 at 05:05:18PM +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
>> I might be behind the curve here, but what's the reason behind the
>> changes in "virtual provides" between ghc 6.8 and 6.10?
>
> Because I broke that and never got around to fix it and test that it
> works, too.
>
> Though now I'm thinking that it's not generally a good idea to expect
> an one to one mapping from cabal names to libghc6-*-dev names anyway,
> but better to look at what files you are using and what package they
> belong to.  We may need to have multiple versions of a library around,
> quickcheck{1,2} as an example.  Though in that particular case I set
> quickcheck1 (and not quickcheck2) to have a Provides:
> libghc6-quickcheck-dev, since it's still the version people use.
> There may not always be a clear preferred version like that.

I have no problems with that, as long as there's something that pulls
out that info automatically so I don't have to keep my debian/control
files up-to-date.  I suppose something in haskell-devscripts should do
it.  (Maybe there already is something like it?)

/M

Haskell is an even 'redder' pill than Lisp or Scheme.
     -- PaulPotts