Re: Transition packages for libghc6-*-dev

Hi,

Am Dienstag, den 08.02.2011, 23:06 +0530 schrieb Joachim Breitner:
> > What would change if we added a Conflicts: from the new
> > package to the old one?
>
> It seems that for -dev packages, this might not be needed for reasons
> given above. But -doc packages might require that, and then we can add
> it for consistency everywhere.

I have to amend: The -doc packages would not actually have to conflict.
They don’t contain files of the same name (everything is
in /usr/share/doc/libghc6?-x-doc), and the ghc6-x-doc package installs
no haddock index file.

So we could skip introducing Conflicts (good). And I guess the question
of dummy packages for a smooth upgrade is somewhat independent of that
and can be taken care of in due course.

Greetings,
Joachim

--