Re: Contributing to pandoc dependencies - [RFS] haskell-filestore

Hello again,

On Sat, 2022-05-07 at 19:09 +0100, Robert Greener wrote:
> I would like to update some packages so that pandoc can be updated.
> /Lots/ of packages would need to be updated to update pandoc to its
> latest upstream (2.18). It is currently on 2.9.2.1.
>
> To make the task simpler, I intend to update the dependencies so that
> it can be bumped to 2.10.1, and then keep working up.

I've prepared filestore for upload. This is a bump from 0.6.4 to 0.6.5.

However, it removes the -data binary. This is because it has been
removed upstream as it is baked into the main binary (see changelog[1]
and relevant commit[2]).

I was a bit unsure if a removal bug needed to be filed for this?

The developers reference says:
> There is one exception when an explicit removal request is not
> necessary: If a (source or binary) package is no longer built from
> source, it will be removed semi-automatically. For a binary-package,
> this means if there is no longer any source package producing this
> binary package

That would seem to mean that a removal bug doesn't need to be filed --
is that correct?

If that is correct, I have filed two MR, one on DHG_packages[3] and one
on package-plan[4], and have uploaded the package to
mentors.debian.net[5]. Like my other uploads, it needs sponsoring.

Thanks!

--
Robert

[1] https://hackage.haskell.org/package/filestore-0.6.5/changelog