Re: Linux Cluster

> Shouldn't FAI be able to handle that?
>
> /Mattias Wadenstein - only with experience of new x86 clusters though

Yes. We considered using FAI.

It was deemed that:
Time required to write a few scripts << Time required to setup FAI

I may revisit it just to see if I could lend a hand at making
the process easier.

Thanks for pointing out FAI, I had forgotten to mention such a complete
cluster install package :)

Script dependencies << FAI dependencies

At times certain HPPA packages get broke and relying on less means
the scripts don't break.

I've re-installed the entire cluster four times. The last time we moved
over to ext3 on all the nodes and did a really big package update.
Mind you the drive on each node is typically between 500-1000MB's.
And our root images are generally 300MB's (many of our nodes run diskless
too).

c.