Re: palo / fdisk and debian installer

On Mon, 5 Aug 2002 debian-lists@pcbkits.com wrote:

> There is a 16mb partition on /boot or /dev/sda1.
> The fdisk type is F0 and has the boot flag active.

I discovered what is happening.

The installer almost implies that /boot and the palo partition are one in
the same.  When I ran palo, the filesystem for /boot would be trashed.
This is because palo was using /dev/sda1 which was for /boot.  I guess
it's an easy conceptual problem to develop.

Should I file this as a bug to be a little more clear?  With palo you can
place /boot anywhere, only the boot partition needs to be w/in the first
2gb limit.

Thanks

Scott Edwards