Re: GDB support for hppa

On Sun, Jun 08, 2003 at 06:19:20PM +0300, Thibaut VARENE wrote:
> -------------------
> > On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 03:02:32PM +0200, Thibaut VARENE wrote:

> drop them
> unless I've
> upstream.
>

> > What GDB version are you working against?  The one in sid, or the
> one
> > in upstream CVS?  They've changed a lot.
>

> We're working on the one in sid, with the aim of getting the hppa diff
> between upstream and that one integrated upstream, as we were asked
> for.

Well, I've made about a thousand lines of changes to the one in sid
that I'll be uploading shortly, in order to integrate it with the GDB
CVS repository.  So you will probably want to pick up the changes
from pa-tdep.c and pa-linux-tdep.c between the version currently in sid
and the new one.  It's all mechanical; it needs some non-mechanical
updating, but I don't have a local HPPA system to test it on.

In general, if you're working on a package it's good to coordinate with
either the package maintainer or the upstream authors...

--
Daniel Jacobowitz