Installation help

Hi,

I've been trying to install Debian on HP9000 L1000 server, without
much luck. (FYI, I'm very new to Debian on HP platforms)

I was using the 3.0_r0 ISO image to boot, and everything goes fine
until it installs base system. It fails after a while giving the
following error message on the screen. I've tried it multiple times
to make sure it wasn't an once off sort of error.

"Failure while unpacking required packages. This will be attempted
up to 5 times".

I've also tried the 20030322-netinst.iso from parisc-linux.org to
see whether it makes any difference. It gives the following error.

"Failure trying to run: chroot /target dpkg --force-depends --install
 /var/cache/apt/archives/base-files_3.0.2_hppa.deb /var/cache/apt/
 archives/base-passwd_3.4.1_hppa.deb"

Any suggestions?