Re: [parisc-linux] glibc is broken because of gcc

Matthias Klose a écrit :
The proposed fix seems to be wrong, as it disables the backport on all
architectures.  Please could you recheck with current trunk? As jda
suggested, another backport is missing for hppa.

  Matthias

Oh well, I didn't say I got it all right.

I just said the problem was there.
I submited the bug to the gcc bugtracker and to the debian gcc, but I
didn't submit this patch as a potential fix.
There was no reaction on either site.

If you watch carefuly, this patch is not applied against some archs :
-ifneq (,$(filter $(DEB_TARGET_ARCH), amd64 i386 powerpc ppc64 sparc s390))
-  debian_patches += pr20218
-endif
-
So I don't do much more than what is already on the debian version.

I'm willing add the new patch if one can direct me to the location of this famous complementary patch.

For now, I think reverting this patch is doing more good than harm.

But I'm afraid that tracking the bug and understanding what is really going on in this bug is quite beyond my capacities. I'm just doing trial and errors to identify the problematic patch.

	Seb