Re: Erlang 12.b.2-2 FTBFS on hppa architecture

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 03:20:30PM +0400, Sergei Golovan wrote:
> Hi!
>
> The latest version of erlang package FTBFS on hppa architecture (see
> [1]). The error message (and digging into the source) shows that there
> could be a race condition or monotonic clock on hppa isn't really
> monotonic.

Unexpected behaviour from operating system high resolution timermake[4]: *** [../ebin/disk_log_1.beam] Aborted
make[4]: Leaving directory `/build/buildd/erlang-12.b.2-dfsg/lib/kernel/src'

Wierd.  More info here about what is expected:
    http://www.nabble.com/Erlang-make-problem:-td15762763.html

> The real problem is that I cannot start debugging because paer is
> locked down (more than for 2 months!).

This sounds like a kernel problem.
I thought we fixed the CLOCK_MONOTONIC problems.

Could someone look at peri (buildd) to make sure the kernel is not broken?
ie we should be able to run one of the test cases we had before to verify
the clock is monotonically increasing.

hth,
grant