Re: Trying to boot a C360 with graphic console

> Helge Deller wrote:
>
> Hello Jean-Pierre,
>
> I assume I know what the problem is.
>
> There are at least 4 specifc cards with specifc ROM version which needs
> patching by the operating system to be supported.
>
> Those cards and ROM codes are:
> - Hyperdrive/Hyperbowl (A4071A) graphics card series:
> 	ID = 0x2BCB015A 0x09A02587 (Version 8.04/8)
> 	ID = 0x2BCB015A 0x09A02587 (Version 8.04/11)
> - Thunder 1 VISUALIZE 48 card:
> 	ID = 0x2F23E5FC 0x09A02587 (Version 8.05/9)
> - Thunder 2 VISUALIZE 48 XP card:
> 	ID = 0x2F8D570E 0x09A02587 (Version 8.05/12)

Hello Helge,

The PDC is reporting only the following information :

I/O MODULE INFORMATION
                                                            IODC
Path         Decimal   Type         Location    HVER SVER Vers Dep
-----------  --------  -----------  ----------  ---- ---- ---- ----
GRAPHICS(1)  8/4       HPA4071B_LZ  GSC slot 1   0040 7700 0x01 0x00

> Some Hyperion or ThunderHawk cards probably have similiar problems.
>
> Maybe you can check if you have one of those cards/ROMs?

I don't know how to check the ID and ROM version of the graphioc card.

> I know we have not yet implemented the code to support the cards on
> Linux, which is probably why your screen stays black.
>
> Maybe it's even possible to do a BIOS/ROM/PDC update to get the card on
> a higher/supported ROM version level? I don't know for sure.

I suppose that such an update would require a running HP-UX operating system ?
Or would it be possible with Linux/HPPA (after installing over the serial
console) ?

Jean-Pierre