Re: Install OK, installation not

Hi Helge,

>On 09/06/2014 12:40 AM, Ulrich Teichert wrote:
>> I just installed jessie/sid from debian-7.0-hppa-NETINST-1.iso (filestamp
>> 28.8.2014) from hppa-ports on a 715/100XC with STI framebuffer.
>
>Nice old slow machine :-)

I even have a 715/33, which is real slow compared with the 715/100 ;-)

>>Well, sort of.
>>
>> The install itself was slow, but went OK. After first forgetting that
>> PALO can't read ext4... Anyway, everything went fine after I choose
>> the automatic partitioning.
>
>Good.
>
>> Until I booted the fresh install. After the normal boot messages I got:
>>
>> systemd[1]....
>> systemd[1]: Set hostname...
>> systemd[1]: /etc/mtab is not a symlink...
>> systemd[1]: Assertion 'sigaddset(ss, sig) == 0' failed at
>>              ../shared/util.c:2548, function sigset_add_many(). Aborting.
>> systemd[1]: Caught <ABRT>, core dump failed
>> systemd[1]: Freezing execution
>> [abbreviated, extra line breaks inserted, STI framebuffer, sorry]
>>
>> Which was rather surprising for me, as I thought systemd was *not* mandatory.
>
>It's not mandatory. I'm not sure how it was selected for installation.
>Did you modified the selection to be installed?

I didn't, but there was another item selected, which I will deselect during
the re-install, because:

>> Can I get rid of systemd with an extra option during install or expert
>> install or such?
>
>Without any selection systemd was not installed the last time I tried to CD...
>
>>  I'm not a fan of systemd anyway and this experience did
>> nothing to change it...
>
>You could try to fix your installed system with something like this:
>- boot the kernel add add "init=/bin/bash" to the kernel line (at PALO prompt)
>- after bootup run in Linux as root "mount -o remount,rw /"
>- fire up network, e.g. "ifconfig eth0 up && dhclient eth0"
>- run "apt-get install sysvinit-core"
>- reboot

Nice idea, but doesn't work, because the HP-IL keyboard connected to the
box was not recognized at this point. I'll try a re-install to see what's
going on and report tomorrow. If I still get systemd, I'll attach a serial
console and try again,

thanks for your quick help,
CU,
Uli
--
Dipl. Inf. Ulrich Teichert|e-mail: Ulrich.Teichert@gmx.de | Listening to:
Stormweg 24               |Imperial State Electric, The Estranged,