Re: debian-hppa on a C8000

Hi John,

Updates are only available for unstable (sid) as hppa isn't a Debian release architecture.  You need to edit /etc/apt/sources.list to access
packages
from unstable.

thanks, but that's already mentioned in the "Installation of PA-RISC Linux" page of the Linux PARISC Wiki. Maybe I forgot to do it, but IIRC I added "deb http://ftp.ports.debian.org/debian-ports unstable main" to /etc/apt/sources.list and executed "apt-get install debian-ports-archive-keyring" before the "apt-get update;apt-get upgrade".

But as I've said in my reply to Helge, I've repeated the upgrade procedure and now it works. I must have done something wrong the first time, but I can't remember what.

Lothar
--
Lothar Paltins                                        lptmp10@arcor.de