Re: debian-hppa on a C8000

Hi Frank,

BTW, I use `screen` to access the serial console. Maybe you try with
that tool, too, with e.g. `screen /dev/ttyUSB0 9600,cs8` (`<Ctrl>ak` to
exit).

I did use a "real" terminal, an HP700/94. I've now tried it with a simple serial communication program running in a KDE Konsole window, and now it works. Something must have messed up the terminal.

The firmware version on the tested c8000 is "2.13" and the BMC firmware
revision is "2.32".

Same here.

I really assume that removing the graphics card will be key to stability
for your c8000. This or maybe blacklisting the radeon module with
`modprobe.blacklist=radeon` in the kernel command line.

Yes, that would most likely fix the stability issues. But running a graphical workstation without graphics doesn't make a lot of sense, at least not for me.

Lothar
--
Lothar Paltins                                        lptmp10@arcor.de