Re: someone could port libgc

Some success with libgc.  Got slink and potato confused.  libgcj (java) and libgc are
available as Debian source.  Have built:

libgc4_4.12-4.13alpha-2_hurd-i386.deb   (165774Kb)   ( C/C++ code only)

It runs the check procedures, and installs OK.  Still looking at the Java version.

Will contact the Debian maintainer and post the patches;  but first I would like to do
further checking.  There are warnings from the Debian build;  but I have run out of
free time.

Will check it out this week, and post further details.

Chris

On Thu, Jan 13, 2000 at 07:45:55PM +0000, Chris Lingard wrote:

> > gcc 2.95.2 built OK (native Hurd) complete with gcj, and many others.
>
> Okay, but unfortunately there is some work to be done in the Debian scripts.
> BTW, did you make a three stage compile? I think you will get problems with
> "make compare".

Yes,  sorry I was writing fast.  Have not investigated why make compare does not
work.  It only builds if we have the new libc installed.

Then there is the issue that the linux code in gnumach and hurd does not

> compile with 2.95, so I want to delay it a bit...

I know now;  interesting.