native-install

I was installing the other day and ran into problems when using the
native-install script.

During the package installation phase I got lots of errors saying that
/usr/info/dir was missing.  So, how restartable is native-install?  In
other words, should I start all over again, this time insuring the
existance of a reasonable /usr/info/dir before running native-install
for the first time or is it o.k. to just create the file and rerun
native-install?

BTW: It looks the grub package created the missing file - /usr/info
had dir and grub* files after running native-install the first time,
but no other files - I should've looked at the create dates, but I
didn't think of it, sorry.

Thanks,
Derek