Re: New Install

On Sun, Jan 30, 2000 at 12:10:30AM -0600, David Starner wrote:
>    Debconf doesn't want to install - it complains about something in
> Perl and /dev/fd/8 ?

Known. Roland has investigated this a bit, but nobody really provided a
solution.

> What can I do if I build packages? I realize I can submit a patch to
> the BTS if it needs one. I'm not a Debian developer, so I can't
> upload to Debian. I can upload them to my ftp site
> (x8b4e53cd.dhcp.okstate.edu) which would only be up when I was running
> Linux - is there a better place?

As soon as the package builds out of the box (from some Debian version
without changes), I can easily build and upload it. You only need to tell me
the package name and working version.

If you also want to make patched packages available to everyone until a
fixed package is available is left to your discretion. Please post a link
to this list if you do so.

Thanks,
Marcus