RE: Hurd test

In my last mail, the Hurd crash test was started with

while  true; do ls /usr/include >/dev/null; vmstat --terse --no-header; done

Not everyone has the development packages installed, so /usr/include might
be empty and the test will need too much time to crash your computer.
Please replace /usr/include by /bin.

Here is another test which I have run on the new installation based on
gnu-20000301.tar.gz from Marcus Brinkmann (sorry, I mis-spelled your name
in the last mail):

while true; do echo /bin/* >/dev/null; vminfo 4 | wc; done

This test shows how ext2fs.static uses more and more memory. It terminates
with a system crash. With 32 MB RAM and no swap partition, I got "Bus error"
messages and "(default pager): dropping data_request because of previous
paging errors". If you have more memory or swap space, you might also try

while true; do echo /bin/* >/dev/null; done

or even several of these lines running in the background. This is a very
fast method to get the final crash!

While running these tests, sometimes the program names in the output from
"ps axf" were garbage.

Regards,
Stefan