Re: i want to help ! how ?

Igor Khavkine <i_khavki@alcor.concordia.ca> writes:

> > I have checked in my very vestigial work, hurd/trans/pump.c.  It is
> > not anywhere near finished, but I'm happy to explain it detail if some
> > says "yes, please explain."

Well, I was on drugs.  pump.c is the DHCP client.  I can explain how
it works, but it's not the ppp idea at all.  Sorry for the
confusion.  I have no special ideas about ppp should work; basically
have pppd set up the connection and then hand off a port to pfinet to
deal.  pfinet needs to have the multiple interface code merged and so
forth, and then also have the ppp support turned on (it came from
Linux, so it is basically there).