Re: Software ported to Hurd

On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 10:35:13PM +0100, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 16, 2000 at 09:47:45PM +0100, Tomasz Wegrzanowski wrote:
> > There is very little software ported.
>
> Hu? It's not that bad.

It will be ok when there will be everything what I call `basic functionality'
( and what has little to do with real basic functionality )

> > a) where should I report ported packages
>
> Here.

Ok.
First package I build was midnight commander.
Had nobody really tried this before ?
No 1 line of patching was needed.

Next two will be w3m (little problems, seems easy to fix)
and dictd (not tried yet).

> > b) where can I get list of ported packages
>
> In the archive, for those we know about. There is also a often-up-to-date
> list on the Debian hurd web page.

Do you mean debian/dists/sid/main/binary-hurd-i386/Packages.gz file ?