Re: Sockets...

On Thu, Apr 13, 2000 at 12:33:43AM +0200, Juli-Manel Merino Vidal wrote:
> I've developed a life simulator program (GNU Life) that is based on
> client/server structure. It works fine in GNU/Linux, and compiles ok
> under GNU/Hurd (I've used autoconf). The client runs perfectly under
> the Hurd (well, it boots, but I've not tried the connection because I
> can't start the server), but when I run the server, it gives me bind()
> errors. I've tried to change the socket calls; so PF_INET is PF_LOCAL
> now, but it still doesn't works.

Have you set up the translators in /servers/socket correctly?
What are the exact error codes you are seeing, and with which parameters are
you calling bind()? Note that you can debug pfinet/pflocal with gdb if you
suspect a bug in the Hurd (you will need a hurd with debugging symbols).

Thanks,
Marcus