Re: Need help installing HURD-Newbie!

John Foster <jfoster@augustmail.com> writes:

> I issued the command "kernel=/boot/gnumach.gz
> root=hd1s1 -s";that is as far as I got. I get the error message "file
> not found"

If you type just "kernel=/" and press TAB, GRUB should give you a
list of files so you can check if you have the right root device.
If the boot directory is there, try "kernel=/boot/" TAB next.

GRUB 0.95.3 had trouble with modern ext2fs file systems (it
showed extra characters after file names); upgrade if you're
using that.