Re: I did run e2defrag over hurd partition

> Being quite confused about >10% non-contigousness reported by fsck
> I decided to defrag Hurd partition.

> Details :
> It really defraged my partion, it also seems that contents of all files
> are preserved. Unfortunately, translators information is completely lost.

This is sadly not too surprising.  e2defrag (and any other program with
knowledge of the ext2fs filesystem format) needs to be extended to
understand the translator field in inodes (when the superblock os field is
set to hurd).  The change is surely quite straightforward (the support
required in e2fsck is very little).  There is just another field in the
inode that holds a block number that needs to be preserved/relocated.

> Question :
> Any public-accesible Hurd machine online ?
> Or correct listing of `showtrans /dev/* /servers/*' ?

"./MAKEDEV all" in /dev should take care of everything except your disks.
For /servers/, look at what native-install in Marcus's stuff does.