Re: cross-install needs C locale to work properly.

Am Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:36:17 Santiago Vila Sie:
 > cross-install does not work properly if the locale is different than
C,
> because it considers every non-english dpkg message as "unusual", and
> it fails.

Yep. I am currently patching cross-install and producing a new tar file.
Expect more tomorrow (as I have just finished most of the work, the
other
changes you mailed me will have to wait a few days).

> Either LANG=C (or LC_ALL=C) is added to cross-install, or else it should
> not consider unusual messages as a fatal error.

Setting LC_ALL is the correct thing of course.

> Note: This is the reason boot/servers.boot.dpkg-new was not renamed to
> boot/servers.boot last time I used cross-install. The reason I did not
> notice there was indeed an error is that the unsual messages list was
> so large that I missed the initial lines:
>
> ERROR: dpkg did return unusual messages, please investigate:
> INSTALLATION ABORTED!

I should probably swap the order of messages here.

Thanks,
Marcus