Re: hurd-init

Mo McKinlay <mmckinlay@gnu.org> writes:

> - Attempts to open a FIFO for writing and write to it.

Perhaps it would be HURD:ier to use rpc calls for communication with
the service, rather than a FIFO. The rcp port could be attached to the
filesystem via some translator /hurd/init or some such. That's how the
proc server and libproc are connected, I think.

Or perhaps I don't understand your architecture.

BTW, I think libscm is a somewhat unfortunate name; I would expect
libscm to be the runtime library for some Scheme dialect.

Best regards,
/Niels