Re: rc

On Mon, Aug 07, 2000 at 09:05:03PM +0200, Juli-Manel Merino Vidal wrote:

> > However, I ported sysvinit from Linux to the Hurd. An experimental, old
>
> But if hurd won't use it, why port ? (Well, it's useful to run System
> V initialization files, which Debian GNU/Linux uses, but we should do
> things well from the start...) (this is my opinion).

Oh well, my port is broken now. Even a recompilation doesn't fix it, and I
don't have the time to investigate. I will check if I can run some run-parts
line to rc that at least starts the standard services for run-level 2, or
so. This way at least some basic services are started, and you don't have to
add them manually.

Thanks,
Marcus