Does Hurd still have the 1GB limit bug?

>From the "Easy Guide . . . "

"Use cfdisk or fdisk for this. Use a decent size partition (I would
recommend 500MB, as this will leave you lots of room), but don't make it
bigger than about 1GB, because there is a bug that doesn't allow bigger
ones."

I recently repartitioned my hard drive, and set up partitions for the Hurd
and for GNU/Linux.  I made a partition that was (I thought) just under
1GB.  After the fact, it turns out that 1.044GB.  Do I still need to fix
this before proceeding?  Or has this bug been fixed?

Thanks,
Bryan Walton