Re: New Hurd pages available for preview

From: Matthias Pfisterer <pfistere@rupert.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de>
Subject: New Hurd pages available for preview
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 15:38:27 +0100

> I've assembled the new web pages for the Hurd. They can preview under
> http://www.gnu.org/software/hurdtest/hurd.html.

  Great! It looks nice with Netscape Communicator. But I should say
that using frames are annoying me when using lynx...

> - There is Hurd support in XFree86 3.3.3. Has it been tested with
> up-to-date Hurd systems, so that we can faithfully recommend it?

  Hurd support has been included in 3.3.3.1, not in 3.3.3. Uchiyama,
who ported XFree86 to Hurd, has tested it. However, note that it
requires his patch for Hurd, and the patch is not merged with Hurd.
See <http://www1.nop.or.jp/doc/XFree86-3.3.3.html>, for more
information.

~o o~    OKUJI Yoshinori  <okuji@kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp>
 s  )    http://duff.kuicr.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~okuji (check "okuji.asc" !)