Re: New Hurd pages available for preview

On Mon, 25 Jan 1999, Stephen L. Favor wrote:

> Matthias Pfisterer wrote:
>
> > I've assembled the new web pages for the Hurd. They can preview under
> > http://www.gnu.org/software/hurdtest/hurd.html.
>
> Under netscape 4.5, the index (rightmost frame) yields blue text (the links) on
> black background which is difficult to read.

I'm not that happy with the lynx-unfriendlyness of these pages - Given
that there isn't a usable graphical FREE web browser[1], the unfriendly
welcome that a lynx user gets is not ideal.

> > - Are there local copies of the FAQs and the Idiot's guide on
> > www.gnu.org?
>
> I should have the FAQs moved over sometime this week.  If this has gone online
> before I get to it, I'll find and change all links to corridor.com when I check
> things in;  otherwise, I'll post the URLs on gnu.org.
>
> I'll also take a look at mirroring the Idiot's Guide to gnu.org.

Alternatively, you could give me an a/c on gnu.org :), then I could upload
them as they change (I will shortly become a debian developer, and my PGP
key should be on the public servers anyway).

Yours,

Matthew

[1]And netscape sucks anyway
[2]No Frames! go here[3]
[3]Then no intro at all, just a bunch of links
--
Elen sila lumenn' omentielvo

Selwyn College Computer Support
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Chamber/8841/